18 July 2007

BoHo On the Fly




Here is my third and final group for Teresa's (jtkshaw) Style Watch Swap over on SCS. This is for the boho west theme ~ notice I didnt use any of the stamp sets from this theme! But according to her posts throughout her swap we didnt have to -- we just had to follow these few rules:

*Full Cards
*You must use the color scheme and at least two products from the page featuring the line you choose to complete your cards.
*Vendor products: SU Only Current, Demo quality, at least 2 layers, embelishments a must!!!
I didnt order any of the stamp sets from this page on my first two orders that I placed July 1st but I did order 'On The Fly' and I thought I could incorporate this into the theme with the patterened paper and On Board Lots of Letters!

I started out by stamping the sanded backround on the Sage Shadow card stock using close to Cocoa Ink. I love this new background!!! How fun and it doesnt have to be perfect!! Yeah my style!!

Then I just cut a piece of the Outlaw Designer Paper to attach to the bottom and the back of the card is done!
Next I stamped the On The Fly image in Chocolate Chip in on Very Vanilla cardstock. Then I took the paper distressing tool and ran it around the edges of the image. Once I completed this I took a piece of a sponge and dabbed it in my chocolate chip pad and then sponged it around the distressed edges.
Then I came up with a reason to use the new ribbon!!! I ran a piece of the new 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon across the front to soften the line between where the pattern paper met the Sage Shadow.
Next came probably the most labor intensive part of the card, but probably the most fun! Using the On Board Lots of Letters (and a rubber glove) I embossed them with black embossing powder! First I pushed the letters down into my 'craft' black stampin' pad. Then, while holding it with a pair of tweezers, I sprinkled the black embossing powder over it and heat embossed it. I did this 2 or 3 times per letter to be sure it was pretty thick and covered. They didnt turn out too bad -- maybe not as 'pretty' as I had hoped but I guess it is a guys card huh? lol

I mounted the letters to the front of the card using the mini glue dots -- they worked great!
My intention would be that the 'initial' on the front of the card would stand for the guys name that would be celebrating his birthday or special day -- whatever sentiment the swapper receiving the card decides to stamp on the inside!

Here is a re-cap of the recipe:

Stamp Sets: On The Fly, Sanded Background
Stampin’ Pads: Craft Black, Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip
Card Stock: Outlaw Designer Paper, Sage Shadow, Very Vanilla
Accessories: On Board Lots of Letters, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Mini Glue Dots, Cutter Kit (paper distressing tool), Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, 5/8” Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon


~TFL & Enjoy~

No comments: