18 July 2007

Casual Corner Office

So here would be another card that I did for a recent swap that I participated in with Teresa (jtkshaw) over on SCS ~ this one came with inspiration of SCS'er Vera...Thanks Vera ;o)

Again, our lovely hotess Teresa, had a theme for this swap -- it was called "Style Watch Swap". It's all based on the different themes in the front of the new SU! IB&C -- In this one I signed up for 'Corner Office' -- here were her few rules:

*Full Cards
*You must use the color scheme and at least two products from the page featuring the line you choose to complete your cards.
*Vendor products: SU Only Current, Demo quality, at least 2 layers, embelishments a must!!!

Once again, I had to get my new stamps inky!! (I love the smell of new rubbah'!!)

I started out by stamping the Friend by Definition background on Ruby Red paper with Ruby Red ink. (So I could get the 'friend' positioned just right up in the upper left hand corner I just turned my background stamp upside down when stamping -- that way I could position that corner exactly where I wanted it to stamp!!)

Next, I stamped my fave new saying from the All Holidays stamp set on Very Vanilla using Chocolate Chip ink. I think one of the reasons I love this saying so is beacuse of it's layout -- I love it when I see a particular saying with different fonts throught. (I really love 'wordsworth' for that reason too) Then I used the tag corner punch and just punched two sides of the saying -- just to give it a bit of a different look on that one side.

Now, using the new In Color Wild Wasabi cardstock I punched the left side with the Spiral Punch so I had a total of 4 holes. Then I mounted my fave saying to this piece and cut it down to match.

Then came the fun part! In this picture it is hard to see but I embossed the tag!! Using the 'solid' (looks all black in the catalog picture) totally tag I stamped it in VersaMark on the In Color River Rock cardstock and then immediately stamped the 'for you' saying (also from the All Holidays stamp set) using the chocolate chip in the center bottom of the tag. Then I just simply embossed the entire tag with the crystal clear stampin' emobssing powder!! Once it was cooled then I took my Round Tab Punch and with ease punched out the tag --- that easy!

The last step was using a Gold Brad I attached the embossed tab to the saying. I then used some stampin' dimensionals and mounted the entire saying to the background -- just to give it a little 'pop'!

As always, here again is the recipe:

Stamp Sets: Totally Tabs, Friend by Definition background, All Holidays
Stampin’ Pads: Chocolate Chip, Ruby Red, VersaMark
Card Stock: More Mustard, Ruby Red, Wild Wasabi, Very Vanilla, River Rock
Accessories: Gold Brads, Spiral Punch, Round Tab Punch, Tag Corner Punch, Crystal Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Stampin’ Dimensionals, 1/16” Circle Punch
Inspired By SCS’er: Vera

~TFL & Enjoy ~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fabulous job, Teresa!!! I *love* it!!!