10 May 2007

More Fun Flowers!



Here is what I have been working on lately!! I thought these would be fun to give for Mom's day and I made one extra too --- I am still deciding who to give those to ;o)
I chose 'dynamic duos' colors again:
Ruby Red/Cameo Coral
Pumpin Pie/Apricot Appeal
Taken with Teal/Tempting Turquoise
Brilliant Blue/Bashful Blue
Perfect Plum/Pale Plum
Once again I used Jiminy to help with this task, you know my Cricut! lol This is the 'doodlecharms' cartridge and it's the 'flower 2'. I cut them out at 3" using the shadow feature.
I had to play with my new Bind-it-All tool and did this with my coasters. This was FUN!!
I covered each coaster with the Rustic SU! timeworn collection paper. I cut each piece into 4" by 4" squares and used Modge Podge to glue each piece on. I let them dry and then used the sanding blocks to sand each side...giving it the rustic look!
Then I punched them with my BIA and used ribbons to string the 'pot' together!
Next, I used glue to glue a blank coaster to the bottom and secure the sides. I also secured a piece of the green floral foam to the inside bottom at this time too.
Then I took some Glorious Green cardstock and ran it thru the shredder to make it look more like grass for the pot.
Just like on my other flowers I used the BBQ skewers and painted them for the stems. I also used the stampin' dimensionals to build up the sides of the skewers to hold the front of the flower to the back of the flower. (Please see my other post for detailed pics of this)
I had fun decorating the center of each flower again ;o)
~TFL & Enjoy~

1 comment:

Marie said...

These are super cute and I'm sure the moms will enjoy receiving them!! TFS