03 December 2007

Aunt CJ's 2007 Christmas Cards


First off -- sorry that this picture is lousy -- the colors just didnt come out here very well ;o( It really is much prettier in person!!
My Aunt CJ asked me if I would make her Christmas cards for her this year -- of course I love to stamp so I took her up on the offer!!
They live by the river in NC so the wildlife was a perfect match!! I chose the deer from 'Noble Deer'. I stamped this with Chocolate Chip ink on Natural Ivory cardstock. I then ran the sides of this thru the Chocolate Chip pad and then mounted it to a piece of Kraft cardstock.

The base of the card is the retired confetti craft that we used to sell - I just love(d) this cardstock. As they say all good things must come to an end, huh?
I then stamped my fave background samp, Linen, with old olive ink and stamped that on the old olive cardstock.
The next layer I wanted to add 'warmest wishes' but my Mom has that retired stamp set in her collection so I improvised! I ran some Night of Navy cs thru my printer!! I had come up with a whole sheet of 'warmest wishes' in the different SU! fonts -- cool! I then just cut this down to use on the card! If any of you are interested in the word document just let me know and I'll email it to you!!

I wrapped the night of navy card stock with red grosgrain ribbon and tied it. The deer image is mounted with stampin' dimensionals just to give it a bit more overall dimension to the card. On this particular card I did add a little gold bell with gold cord but I didnt do this on all of the cards for Aunt CJ - when I took this one to the postoffice to see if it would 'pass' with one stamp it wouldnt as it was too "fat"!! bummer! So the rest of cards were 'bell-less'!
As always, here is the recipe:

Stamps: Noble Deer, Linen BG, All Holidays
Paper: Base is the retired Confetti Tan, Old Olive, Night of Navy, Natural Ivory
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Old Olive
Accessories: Red Ribbon, Gold Cord, Mini Bell, Stampin' Dimensionals
~Enjoy & TFL~

No comments: