27 May 2008

House of SU! Color -- Craft Room Wall Saying

Hello Everyone!!

As promised to you long ago -- I have taken pics of my parents house after painting each and every wall inside! We have most of their stuff moved in but we are still waiting on the new kitchen cupboards so they are using the craft/laundy room as their make-shift kitchen right now ;o) lol

So I will start out by sharing with you tonight the inspirational saying on Mom's craft room wall -- Its a chocolate chip wall and white vinyl letters --



I used my Cricut Expressions with the Holy Cow setting from the Cuttin Up cartridge. Let me know if you have any specific questions ~ I'd be happy to answer them ;o)

Looking at this picture now I may go back and move the 'one can fly' over a bit to the left to make it a bit more centered. These vinyl letters are so much fun and easy to work with!!

Also, just to share a little background with you on this entire project -- My parents and my brother and his family have 'swapped' houses -- my brother and his family moved to the farm, where we grew up, and my parents moved into town to his house. So as soon as our parents headed south last winter my brother started to do the remodels at the farm house that they wanted to make. That way they could work on the remodel but not 'live' in it at the same time! So once they moved out to the farm my DH and I went in to the 'town house' and started the remodels that Mom and Dad wanted to do there. We ripped out all of the trim and doors from the entire house to replace it with white trim and white doors -- that went with all of the new white vinyl windows they had picked out ;o) THEN I started painting! Mom and I had talked colors and then Mom decided that she just wanted to be 'surprised' when they returned home from wintering in the South. So I chose the colors using the SU! Color Wheel. Neither Mom or Dad had any idea what colors they would see until they walked in when they were done! It was FUN!

~Enjoy & TFL~

4 comments:

specialcraftmom4 said...

This is soooo cute!!! Love the chocolate walls too!

Unknown said...

Very cool! I used SU colors as refrence for decorating too!

C said...

Cool idea...will those peel off?

love2Bcreative said...

Hi Char ~ Yes, they will come off when you are ready ;o) They say they won't leave residue -- but I can't tell you if they will yet or not... ;o)

This room is still in 'production' -- so stay tuned for more pics ;o)

TFL~