19 October 2006

Colored with Linen

Good Morning!! Have you ever stamped a card at home, all by yourself in your stampin' space just you and your stampin' stuff, and it turns out great the first time? SURE!! We all have! THEN have you tried to go duplicate that same card in front of a group of others and it just does not turn out as well as you had hoped? Well....that happened to me last night! I wanted to demo the "Thouroughly Thankful" stamp set -- stressing to the Ladies that you dont need to color it all in, saving time. Sooo I stamp the large TT image on the SU! Natural Ivory card stock --that turned out fine! Then I went to stamp my Linen BG on top of that using more mustard --- uh! I ended up with a big hole where the linen BG didnt get pressed against the cs --- near the leaf image (just to the left of the flower image where the brad is placed in this picture). Sooo trying to think quickly on my feet I just took my aqua painter and dabbed it in the Old Olive stampin pad lid and just colored that ONE leaf in---whoola! Big hole problem solved (and quickly at that!) Believe it or not---the hostess chose that card over this one!! How funny is that---a mistake that turns out to be OK! So I also stamped another and on purpose just colored in the pumpkins--just one image---that is a cool look too!! I used the new distressing tool around the Naturals Ivory cs to give it a different look---that is one fun tool to use!!!

Here is the 'recipe':
Stamps: Throughly Thankful, Linen Background
Paper: More Mustard, Close to Cocoa, Naturals Ivory
Ink: Old Olive, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard
Accessories: RR Brads, 1/16" punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Vintage Violet Grosgrain Stitched Ribbon, Cutter Kit (distressing tool -- for around the large image)

~Enjoy & TFL~

No comments: