26 October 2006

Ode to the outdoors(men)


This is one of my favorite cards to stamp and give for masculine birthdays! Even if they are not a hunter, they can relate to the 'outdoors' theme!

Every other image of the 'warmest wishes' is 'stamped off' for the lighter effect. I used a sponge paintbrush with the SU! Gold Encore re-inker to go around the edge of the warmest wishes part. I used the sponge dauber and Close to Cocoa to go around the deer image.

Note to self----The next card I stamp like this I am going to try the linen background in place of the canvas background and see how different it looks---Then I thought I would give the flannel background stamp a try as well---I think that would look good too! I am using the flannel background on lots of cards lately--the thing I think I love about it is that when stamped it is not to look perfect---holes here and there---you know the 'worn' feeling!!

Here is my recipe:
Stamps: Noble Deer, Canvas Background, All-Year Cheer I
Card Stock:Confetti Cream, Basic Black, Close to Cocoa
Ink: Basic Black, Close to Cocoa, Copper Encore, Gold Encore
Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon, Sponge Dauber, Sponge paintbrush, The Tearing Edge

~Enjoy & TFL~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great man card!!! (I am terrible at these)