25 October 2006

~ Fall Is In The Air ~

I've been busy the past few days working on Halloween stampin' projects ---cards, cello bag toppers and paint cans (along with the general tasks in everyday life too -- including prep for an audit that is this Friday morning for the apartments we manage---I am a firm believer that stamping is a stress outlet for me!! I will be sooo glad when Friday afternoon rolls around!) But anywhoo, I thought I would post a card tonight that is one of my all time favorites! I am not sure if it is because it is fall, and that *is* my favorite season but I just love the colors and the 'faux metal' technique. The technique, and card layout for that matter, came right from my favorite source of stampin' inspiration---SCS!

Here is the Faux Metal Technique tutorial.

My copper leaf here is the faux metal in this example. And if I can do it---anyone can do it!! Give it a try ~~ it's bunches of fun!! I demo'd this for a favorite stampin' group of mine last year --- I held a little 'customer appreciation' day for them and I tried to show them techniques that I wouldnt normally cover during a week night demo due to time restrictions (and its a tad bit messy and I have a huge fear I would spill the copper embossing powder ALL over their floors! *eek*)

Here is my recipe----
Stamps: Shapes & Shadows, Linen Background
Card Stock: All from the Color Coach; Bravo Burgundy, Handsome Hunter, Mellow Moss, Basic Black (for the faux metal leaf)
Ink: Handsome Hunter, VersaMark
Accessories: Copper Embossing Powder, Sponge, Gold Wide Organdy Ribbon, Burgundy Grosgrain Ribbon, Copper Cord

~Enjoy & TFL~

No comments: