04 April 2007

Upside Down Joy


Here is one of four cards that I am doing for my April SU! demos ~ inspired by the January Stampin' Success and SCS'er Kristin Moore Thanks for your inspiration Kristin ~ ~

I started with a Marigold Morning cardstock base and using only the Polka Dots & Paisley stamp set I stamped the background using Marigold Morning ink pad. I then stamped the 'find joy in the little things' using Vintage Violet ink.

Then using a piece of the Vintage Violet cardstock and stampin' pad I randomly stamped on that piece of card stock and then 'roughed it up' using the cutter kit around all four sides (I just love that tool!!!) I then wrapped a piece of the vintage violet stitched grosgrain ribbon around that piece and tied it in the front. Remember .... you can still get this awesome ribbon .... #107885 $7.95 thru June 30th ... it's just not in the catalogs but it has been carried over since it was soo popular. The other colors are available yet too!!! Stock up now ;o)

Then, once again, I did the same thing on a piece of Old Olive card stock with Old Olive ink --- and then using the cutter kit I used the 'perforating tool' and ran it across just the top of the old olive piece ... just to give it a bit of dimension ... folding it forward just a bit

Then came the fun part with the tag punch ... cuz I love my tag punches!!! (well all punches for that matter!) Using the Rose Red and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers I colored the flower and huffed and puffed and stamped the flower on confetti white paper and THEN punched it out UPSIDE down mind you *wink wink* and punched out another Rose Red tag to mount it on. Once the two tags were secured together with Snail adhesive, I used a few stampin' dimensionals and attached that to my card front.

It was a fun card that came together relatively quickly!! So far the participants at my demos have been *oohed* and *ahhed*!! ;o)))

As always, here is my recipe:

Stamp Sets: Polka Dots & Paisley
Card Stock: Marigold Morning, Vintage Violet, Old Olive, Rose Red, Confetti White
Stampin’ Pads: Rose Red Stampin’ Write Marker, Old Olive Stampin’ Write Marker, Old Olive, Vintage Violet, Marigold Morning
Accessories: Vintage Violet Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon (107885 - 7.95), Small and Large Tag Punches, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Cutter Kit

~TFL & Enjoy~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the distressing and the color combo!