12 January 2008

Sale-A-Bration Prep

Hello! Hello!! Hello!!!

Well, the annual Stampin' UP! SAB (Sale-A-Bration) promotion is quickly approaching!! I have been busy preparing samples to share during this fun time! I'll share this one with you tonight ~



This is one of the cards I made for a swap that I am participating in ---

It uses the SAB stamp set called "Lots of Thoughts" and I also used "Embrace Life" from the current IB&C.

My color combo was made easy by using the SU! Color Coach - I absolutely love the color coach - it puts color combos together that I would never think of using together otherwise! Here I used Pumpkin Pie as the base, Regal Rose as the second layer, Pumpkin Pie again as the 3rd layer and Natural Ivory as the 4th layer.

I stamped the happy hellos greeting on Regal Rose and punched it out using my Scallops punch. Next, I punched out a Round Tab punch using Rose Red. This is centered behind the scallop and affixed using two stampin' dimensionals.

Next I tied a piece of Brocade Blue 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon around my smaller pieces of cardstock and adhered that to the card front. Then using two more stampin' dimensionals I placed the scallop-round tab greeting over the ribbon! It really pops it off the card front!!

As always, here is my recipe:

Stamp Sets: Lots of Thoughts, Embrace Life
Card Stock: Color combo from Color Coach – Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose, Rose Red, Naturals Ivory
Stampin’ Pads: Rose Red, Regal Rose
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, Round Tab Punch, Stampin’ Dimensionals, 5/8” Grosgrain Brocade Blue Ribbon

The SAB promotion starts February 1st -- with each $50 you spend you get to choose a free stamp set/item from the SAB catalog. What a fun time ~ are you ready?

~Enjoy & TFL~

No comments: