25 January 2008

~ Snowy Week ~



Snow! Snow! Snow! That has been the story here in the midwest this past week! We just received another 3 inches or so yesterday -- they say we are to record numbers for the season already -- I guess I can believe that! lol

So I thought this card would be fitting for today! It's a card I did awhile back for a swap that I participated in ~ Its a total of 8 layers -

The base is basic black, the second layer is Soft Sky with Soft Sky ink -- I used the Jumbo Snow wheel to run across the background.

Then I used VersaMark and Silver Embossing Powder to create the silvery image on the basic black square. I then mounted that on Soft Sky and Basic Black again for a 3 layer piece look. I wrapped this piece with a the In Color double-stitched ribbon.

Next, using the Snow Burst stamp set I stamped some little snowflakes on Soft Sky cardstock using Soft Sky ink again. I mounted this to a piece of basic black cardstock and wrapped some silver elastic cord around it and adhered it with a few stampin' dimensionals to give it some height.

Next I silver embossed some snow flakes on Blue Bayou cardstock and punched them out with two circle punches. On the larger embossed snowflake I added a rhinestone brad to the center just to give it some sparkle! The three snowflakes were then adhered using stampin' dimensionals too!

As always, here is the recipe:

Stamp Sets: Snow Burst, Jumbo Snow wheel
Card Stock: Basic Black, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky
Stampin' Pads: Soft Sky, VersaMark
Accessories: Silver embossing powder, Silver Elastic Cord, Rhinestone Brads, Double Stitched Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch

Enjoy your weekend!!

~TFL & Enjoy~

No comments: