07 February 2008

A Pretty Dahila

WOW! These fun flowers are just addictive! They are called Dahila flowers ~ they started popping up in the SCS gallery so I tracked down the deets!

For the Dahlia fold you will need 8 circles made out of a double sided printed paper. The circles can be any size--just the tinier they are, the harder they are to fold. I found that the SU! 1 3/8" circle punch makes a great size to work with. When folded, the 1 3/8" circles make a Dahlia flower that is just shy of 3" across.

Here is where you can see how to make them step by step!

I made this card for a SU! demo last week ~ I loved the card that SCS'er shestamps72 had made and I decided to CASE it ;o) I did make mine a bit simpler though since I would be demo'ing it and I wanted it to look and be a bit more do-able for my customers.

I also used a SU! 1/2" circle punch for the middle along with a rhinestone brad for a bit of 'bling'! I used the tool in the crafters tool kit to make a hole thru the midde of all it to push my brad thru - that worked great!

I also used the new SU! Twill background on this card - stamped in Old Olive ink on the Old Olive cardstock - I like the look that this background stamp creates!!

As always, here is my recipe for this card:
Stamp Sets: Twill Background, Much Appreciated
Card Stock: Old Olive, Rose Red, Bali Breeze Designer Series Paper
Stampin’ Pad: Basic Black, Old Olive
Accessories: 1 3/8” Circle Punch, ½” Circle Punch, Rhinestone Brads (ice circles) Mellow Moss Taffeta Ribbon, Crafters Tool Kit

~TFL & Enjoy~

No comments: