04 November 2006

Celebrating a la Carte

Happy Saturday to you!!

Pictured here is what kept me busy today in my stampin' space!

I prepared swaps for the upcoming SU! Winter Mini catalog. This was a fun card to do---all of the colors are from the "In Colors" SU! family and have been really fun to work with since they were released with the new catalog back in July.

What is a card swap you ask? Well it is a really fun (and addictive) way to collect card samples of all the stamp sets featured in the upcoming mini catalog without having to actually purchase all of the stamp sets to make all of the card samples myself! So for example, the upcoming mini had let's just say 16 different stamp sets or printed papers. So I made 16 of the same card front plus one extra for the hostess (the hostess gets one for the work she will do to sort them out and get them back to all of us in our pre paid packages). So when I get my package back, I will have 16 DIFFERENT cards to share with my customers showcasing the new Winter mini catalog. My investment was minimal compared to what it would have been if I were to have made all of the cards my self (let alone the time involved!) Clear as mud now? lol

Whew! Ok with that all being said, I signed up for the 'Leaves a la Carte Jumbo Wheel' spot but also wanted to use the 'Taggers Dozen' stamp set too cuz' I just lovveee anything tags --- so I tried to use them together on the same card design.

As I was coming up with a theme and a layout I thought this would make a great fall wedding card---great fall colors and it's seldom that I get wedding or anniversary card ideas through swaps. I hope the other swappers like it too!

Here are the ingredients to the card:

Stamp Sets: Leaves a la Carte Jumbo Wheel, Taggers Dozen, Linen BG, Wonderful Words
Card Stock: Marigold Morning, Vintage Violet, True Thyme, Cranberry Crisp
Stampin’ Pads: More Mustard Jumbo Cartridge, Vintage Violet, Cranberry Crisp
Accessories: Tag Punch, Small Tag Punch, 1/16” circle punch, Gold Narrow Organdy Ribbon, Gold Cord, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Cutter Kit (distressing tool), Stampin’ Around Wheel Guide

~Enjoy & TFL~

No comments: