21 November 2006

Tribute Totally 2 Taylor


Err... maybe the title should say "Totally Cased"???

Anywhoo....I am a huge fan of Taylor VanBruggen (Taylored Expressions). Like if she were a rock star I'd go to her concerts and have to sit in the front row kinda fan...get it? *wink wink* She is such an awesome stamper---her ideas continue to amaze me!! Like where does she come up with all of her wonderful awesome ideas? I'll just keep daily tabs on her blog for the pure amazement!!

So I totally fell in love with a card she posted on November 9th---wowzers!! She just 'whipped' it up...I didnt exactly do that but I got er' done! lol I didnt have all the supplies that Taylor had but I made due. I was also trying to only use SU! supplies as I am going to demo it at a workshop next week. I probably wouldnt demo such a detailed card at a workshop but this is a group of gals that get together with me pretty much on a monthly basis to do a SU! workshop so I think they will be ok with it as far as the degree of stamping goes. Most of them have all of the 'tools' it takes to make this card so I think they will be excited to see that they too can make it with the supplies and tools that they already have at home!

The pic may not show it very well but I double stamped the background with two background stamps---Linen and French Script--in that order both using More Mustard. Amazing that the FS comes across looking a bit darker in color even though it is the same color ink!! I sponged the Cool Caribbean cardstock with Chocolate Chip ink after using the white gel pen. I used the sponge dauber on the big flower to apply the cool caribbean colors as I can get a more precise application this way. I did this after stamping the middle More Mustard flower. Then I lightly sponged this whole image using the Chocolate Chip sponge.

One thing I thought of that could possibly change the whole look of the card would be to take the large flower and do the cracked glass technique on it---that would be very pretty but add more time to the card project.....

Here is the list of 'ingredients':

Stamps: Mixed Bouquet, French Script, Linen, Tiny Talk,
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, More Mustard, Cool Caribbean
Stampin' Pads: Chocolate Chip, More Mustard, Cool Caribbean
Accessories: Cutter Kit (distressing tool), Mustard Grosgrain Ribbon, Copper Metal Edge Tag, Sponge, Sponge Dauber, White Gel Pen, Stampin' Dimensionals, Crafters Tool Kit, 1/16" Punch, Mini Glue Dots

~TFL & Enjoy~

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This turned out FAB Sista!! If she were a Rock Star I'd go to the concert too! She does rock!

You certainly pulled it off here. It is an amazing card!

Sista' Mike

Anonymous said...

LOL Teresa, your blog cracks me up! Another beautiful card, CASE or not it's great!

Jen (scrapnstampin)

Anonymous said...

You're crackin' me up! I hope you wouldn't pay too much to come to my concert... LOL! I'm sure not that interesting, but I'm glad you are inspired by my stamping! I always appreciate your sweet comments on my blog!