03 November 2006

Riveting!

Hello! I have been wanting to post the past few days but have had a little snag in the plan! I was out of town...but had my laptop...I had access to wireless internet access but I was unable to attach a picture to any posts here. Now don't ask my why this was as I am computer illiterate when it comes to stuff like this!! lol So, even though I am a few days behind the plan, here goes!

My Dad recently had a birthday AND knee replacement (thus the reason I was out of town for a few days). Pictured in the foreground is the birthday card I made for him. I wanted it to look 'masculine' and I wanted to use the "Riveting" SU! Hostess stamp set. I had seen a card posted on SCS by (kellykk) and I just loved the look of using different background stamp sets.

Here is a list of supplies I used:
Stamps: Linen BG, Print Pattern BG, Weathered BG, Canvas BG, Riveting (hostess)
Card Stock: Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Creamy Caramel, Brushed Gold
Stampin Pads: Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke

Accessories: Gold Embossing Powder, 1 3/8" & 1 1/4" Circle Punches, Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon

The base of the card is Chocolate Chip cs and I stamped the entire front of the card using the Linen BG in chocolate chip ink.

Then I stamped the Print Pattern, Weathered and Canvas background stamps on Creamy Caramel cs using Always Artichoke ink. I cut these into 3 pieces of the same size and mounted them to a piece of Always Artichoke cs.

I wrapped a piece of Chocolate Grosgrain Ribbon around that piece and tied it with a knot (I can't do pretty bows so all are done in knots at my house!)

THEN I stamped the 'enjoy your day' stamp from the hostess Riveting stamp set in the top boss pad and stamped it on the brushed gold paper. I immediately sprinkled the Gold Embossing powder over it and heat set it using the heat gun. The result is an awesome gold on gold tone! Once it cooled, I used the 2 circle punches to punch it out! Then I just simply placed that behind the two tails of my knot---whoola! It's done!

Also, pictured in the same picture in the background inside the plastic card holder are thank you cards using the same design---just changing the riveting greeting to 'thanks so much'. I thought Dad could use the thank you cards to send out after his knee replacement for those that remembered him with their thoughts and prayers. So sorry the picture is soo dark. I wish I could get my pics to turn out so bright and pretty on line like others are able to achieve! I'll keep pluggin' away and tryin'!

~Enjoy & TFL~

No comments: