I just wanted to update everyone on the latest with Miss Malia ~ as told by her Mom, Tamara:
Well it wasn't the best news at clinic - nothing bad just something other than what we wanted to hear. Malia's ANC is really low again (lower than last week) but all her other counts look good. It's just taking her bone marrow an extra long time to recover. As I had mentioned, her port removal is scheduled for next Friday but if her ANC is too low they will have to reschedule the surgery. So we'll have to take another trip to the clinic next Wednesday and hopefully the numbers will be higher. I'd hate to delay the surgery. My wish was to have it removed before the Holidays - I guess there's still time but no guarantee that it would be able to be scheduled because we'd not only have to wait for her body to tell us it's okay but we'd also be at the mercy of the surgeon's schedule as well. Let's just all believe that her ANC will be high enough next week and then it won't even be an issue any longer...I think that sounds like a great plan! Don't you?
We'll keep you posted.
Big Hugs to you all!