23 January 2007

24|7 Friendship



Here is another fun card that I am demo'ing this month ~ Circle of Friendship is the theme.
The colors didn't turn out very well at all here & I totally apologize! So please go grab your SU! Color Coach so you can get a true color visual ~ ~ I chose my colors direct from the wheel ;o)
Ya' ready? Here are the cardstock colors:
Rose Red is the base
Cameo Coral is behind the Naturals Ivory
Certainly Celery & Cameo Coral is the punched Circle of Friendship

I used the Burst into Bloom stamp set and used the same stampin' pad colors mentioned above along with Barely Banana and stamped the flowers randomly on the Naturals Ivory cardstock. I then stamped the Circle of Friendship stamp on the Certainly Celery cardstock using Garden Green ink. I also stamped this same image again on Cameo Coral. I punched out the Cameo Coral image inside using the 1/2" circle punch and adhered that to the center of the larger image using a stampin' dimensional, just to make it 'pop'!

Then I took my larger circle punch again and punched out approximately 1/2 of a circle from my flap. I then applied a few stampin' dimensionals to the back of my large Circle of Friendship image and stuck that down so the 1/2 circle would be just snug behind that image ~ just enough to hold it down but easy enough to pull it up...make sense? Take a peek at the pictures and I think you will get a 'visual' as to what I am trying to explain here.

Then to just finish it all off I tied a piece of Apricot Grosgrain ribbon around the card front! This is a very fun card to make -- and really easy! What a great way to demo the Circle of Friendship or the Riveting stamp sets! I think I'll be making more like this one!!

I must send my thanks to JanTink for this layout ~ it's just awesome!! You must see her awesome layout too ~ here it tis'!


As always, here is my recipe that I am sharing with my workshop attendees:
Stamp Sets: Circle of Friendship, Burst into Bloom
Card Stock: Rose Red, Cameo Coral, Naturals Ivory, Certainly Celery
Stampin’ Pads: Garden Green, Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery, Barely Banana
Accessories: Apricot Grosgrain Ribbon, Stampin’ Dimensionals, 1 ¼” Circle Punch, ½” Circle Punch


~Enjoy & TFL~

2 comments:

amymom24 said...

This turned out really cute! I think I will go try it soon. I wonder what it would look like if you used this layout with a horizontal card, having the punched circle at the right hand side instead of the bottom? This way you could still set the card up on a table or mantel. Hmmm. Must experiment. TFS!
~Amy H.

Allison Rankin said...

This is cute...nice cutout!