27 September 2008

Fall Fun!!

It's fall finally, right? So it's time to dig in to some of the fall projects I have been anxious to do! The first one I was realllyyyyy excited about was to CASE Sista' Mike on the most adorable gift she sent me this time last year - the cutest jar full of candy corn and peanuts!!

No, No, No, let me set the record straight even before you get the thought thru your head ....the candy shown in these jars was purchased at the store today, by me, mixed by me and added back into her jar!! LOL! This yummy combination doesnt last long at our house!


The jar on the left is the coveted jar that Sista Mike sent me last year ~ the jar on the right is the jar that I lovingly CASE'd this week!!!

Now taking a tour around the jar ~ Michaeleen was just brilliant when she thought of the way to incorporate the paper around the jar, but not clear around the jar as the standard size paper wouldnt have gone clear around anyway!! Just adorable!


Here is a peek at the back of the jars too ~

On the jar that I created I used the SU! Thoroughly Thankful stamp set. I stamped the large image on Brushed Gold cardstock using VersaMark and then Gold embossed it. Next, I cut off the top line showing the leaf and punkins' as the whole image was a bit too large for the front of the jar. I placed that as a band across the back, I tought it would look great there! I also used the three leaf cluster in that same stamp set to randomly stamp the cardstock band. I used Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive and Night of Navy stampin' pads to complete this. I then added a brad to the middle of the sunflower! Its from the SU! Earth Elements brads pkg. I also couldnt resist to use a little bit of green Stickles (that Sista Mike had sent me!) on the large punkin' too ~ just for a bit of color.

Next, it was time to put it all together! I used adhesive to tape the cardstock band to the jar and then wrapped some yummy 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon around the jar and tied it kinda off to the side of the jar front. Then I used a little piece of 1/4" Pumpkin Pie Grosgrain Ribbon to tie on that (just as Sista Mike did!!) Then I attached the gold embossed image to the front of the jar ~ complete! Whoola!

Oh, I guess there was one more step and that was going to the store to get the goodies to put in the jar ~ as I mentioned before these were not left over from last year ~ speaking for our house this will last a few weeks at the most!! So talking about treats, have you ever tried this yummy combination of candy corn and peanuts? It really tastes like a salted nut roll when eaten together!! Give it a try!!

~TFL & Enjoy~

1 comment:

Michelle Tech said...

I LOVE it, and it's even better in person! It really does taste like a salted nut roll, which means it won't last long (MAYBE by the end of the day?). Thank you, thank you, thank you!