09 March 2007

*Cheers* to JanTink


Have I mentioned that JanTink is awesome? I just love her 'stuff' ...and her blog is absolutely, positively, boisterously entertaining .... every single entry is just a hoot to read!! Maybe someday I will get to meet her in person --- you know like a rock star!!! ;o))
So anywhoo ... I took inspiration from Jans card and used a stamp set that I had in my stash to demo this card! I wanted to feature Jan's punchy punch idea here as to how to make the background piece larger for placement behind the 'cheers' piece shown here.
Now this card is not the most perfect that I have done --- so please don't look too closely... promise?! lol This is one that I did at my last demo and once again I didnt take the five minutes I probably should have to line up my brad holes exactly the way I should have if I would have been sitting in my own stampin' space working on this one!!
Another *fun twist* I added to this demo was I asked one of my fun customers who I knew had the 'delight in life' stamp set to bring it along to the demo --- so I prepared the card stock ahead of time (cutting it, etc) for two cards ---one we did with the Delight in Life and one we did just like this one --- so they could see the same card layout but two different stamp sets --- two total different looks. That was fun!
I am really lovin' the "In Colors"!! What am I going to do when the new big catalog comes out?!!? Oh Dear!!! I don't even want to think about that yet ---- *sigh*
The picture really makes the grosgrain ribbon look dark -- but it's really the Chocolate grosgrain!!
Here is the usual 'recipe' if you are interested ~ ~ :
Stamp Sets: The Snowflake Spot
Card Stock: Cool Caribbean, Naturals White, Old Olive, Regal Rose, Marigold Morning
Stampin’ Pads: Chocolate Chip, Cool Caribbean, Old Olive, Regal Rose, Marigold Morning
Accessories: Chocolate Grosgrain, 1/14 Circle Punch, Keytag Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Gold Brads
~Enjoy & TFL~

1 comment:

Julie said...

great card...i love the colors!