08 March 2007

Touch of Nature a la carte


Here is another card that I did for my 2nd round of February SAB demos! I absolutely loved the card that the famous SCS'er atomicbutterfly did, and I wanted to try and somewhat re-create that but also I wanted to use the Leaves a la carte jumbo wheel from the winter mini.
I started out by stamping the Print Pattern background stamp on the Naturals Ivory carstock using So Saffron ink. Then I used the Mellow Moss Jumbo Wheel Cartridge and the Leaves a la carte Jumbo Wheel and lined this up across the cardstock at an angle with a piece of the wheel guide --- that works really slick! I punched a hole in the upper top left-hand corner for the ribbon, pulled the ribbon thru and the background piece is done!

I then stamped the Touch of Nature bird on Naturals Ivory cardsock and used assorted stampin pads (So Saffron, Always Artichoke, Close to Cocoa, Sahara Sand) and the aqua painter to color him in.
As a side note: For those of you who have not used the aqua painters before ~ they are just wondeful! Consider it like 48 colorful pens in ONE pen!! Just take your stampin pad and while it is closed, squeeze the lid to the pad. Now open it --- see how you have some ink on the inside of the lid? Use this as your color palete to pickup some color with your aqua painter full of just plain tap water from your faucet! Then start 'painting' away --- picking up more color as you need it!

Once the bird and branch was 'painted', I fanned my piece of cardstock thru the close to cocoa stampin pad to color each of the four edges of the cardstock. I then also used a piece of a sponge and sponged the edges just to add a bit more of color to that piece as well --- also using Close to Cocoa. I layered this on a piece of always artichoke cardstock.
Next I used the paper piercing tool out of the Crafters Tool Kit and pierced a straight line across the bottom of piece of Kraft card stock. (I just love the template that comes with this to make the straight lines soo possible!!) I stamped the sentiment above my piercing and then sponged this piece of cardstock too!
Then I simply taped all of the pieces to the card front and whoola!! On one card, I did vary where I put the ribbon --- I punched the hole and put it in the kraft piece, to the left side of the Touch of Nature Stamp and it looked pretty cool there too!
Here again is the 'recipe':
Stamp Sets: Touch of Nature, Print Pattern, Leaves a la carte Jumbo Wheel (Winter Mini)
Card Stock: Always Artichoke, Naturals Ivory, Kraft
Stampin’ Pads: So Saffron, Mellow Moss Jumbo Wheel Cartridge, Basic Black, Always Artichoke, Close to Cocoa, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Crafters Tool Kit (paper piercing), Moss Gingham Ribbon, 1/16” hole punch, aqua painter, sponge, wheel guide
~Enjoy & TFL~

4 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is beautiful...love what you did with this stamp set!

Anonymous said...

Wow Teresa, this is *so* pretty!! Such a tweet (ughhh, not very punny, eh?!) to visit your blog!

Jackie said...

This is great, love the stamp set

Chris Smith said...

This is so lovely! That stamp is perfect for the wheel!